Treat yourself and the special young people in your life to this celebration of stars on Sunday, May, 16, 2010 (5pm) at Memorial Chapel, University of Maryland, College Park, MD. Tickets are just $15 for adults and free for children. Get yours today by calling 301 345-3692.
Talented local artists of all ages will present a program of music in celebration of the community of Lakeland’s 120th year and the enduring spirit of those Prince Georgians who continue to reach for the stars.
- Queens Chapel Male Chorus from the church website “The Queen’s Chapel Male Chorus of Beltsville, Maryland has been using the gift of song to glorify God for 45 years. Originating in the early 1960’s as the Muirkirk Male Chorus, the group has emerged as an internationally-known choral organization.”
- Don Jones – Prominent local vocal artist. Mr. Jones is a Kennedy Center performer.
- Janet Randall Gillens – Lakelander and pianist, Ms. Gillens also performed in a similar event in Lakeland on May 16, 1958.
- Queens Chapel Young People’s Choir currently having more than 50 choir members between the ages of 6 and 18 this chior represents Queens Chapel United Methodist Church in Beltsville, Maryland. This congregation has had a close relationship with the Lakeland Community sharing ties of family and friendship stretching back many generations.
- Students of Ottley Music School- Now in its 37th year Ottley Music School of Hyattsville, Maryland provides the highest caliber of music education to students of all ages.
- Soloists, Diann Sims Dwight, Sydney Jones, and William Mason
Bring the whole family for this evening of music and celebration. Do not miss this event of a lifetime.